Security Basics mailing list archives

Blue Lane PatchPoint

From: "Mark Brunner" <kohi10 () rogers com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 20:29:43 -0500

Greetings list members!

I am looking to take my Patch and Vulnerability Management processes to an
even more proactive state and am in information gathering mode.  Info World
has done a good write up on Blue Lane's PatchPoint, and the concept seems
very interesting (inline patching).  Does anyone here have any experience
with this product?

How effective is it in a medium to large environment?  Say 1 or 2 hundred
servers?
Does it scale well into a very large enterprise environment?  Roughly 500 to
5000 servers?
Seems to handle all of the more "critical" types, SQL, Exchange, Windows,
what are your experiences with these, and are they "out-of-box" or add-ons?

Cheers!
Mark