Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Password Storage

From: "Doug W" <dougiegee () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 13:57:27 +0000

Thankyou everyone for your responses regarding password Storage. It has been very helpful.

I think that possibly USB keys with decent encryption and a master password or one of the key safe type products may be best suited to our task.

PKI, definitely down the track, but not currently possible. Ok, not possible isn't true, it is just too much work at this point in time compared to the payoff for this situation.

Anything to stop administrators putting them in their support documents on shared drives and on sticky notes!

Cheers
Doug