Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Re[2]: how nmap can know my firewalled servers ?

From: oldgrue () gmail com
Date: 21 Apr 2006 15:35:19 -0000

*if* i were blackhatting, I'd hope for a administratively prohibited to help footprint.

Just archive the log, and have your filter report to you while dropping the reply out.

The way Virginia's law is worded, for example, you don't need to tell an unwelcome visitor they're unwelcome - just
document the heck out of it.