Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Re: Anonymize internet access

From: svoemel () web de
Date: 29 Sep 2005 12:05:45 -0000

My suggestion would be to start here...

http://tor.eff.org/

Read. Read again. Read a third time. ;)

Thanks for the info. I have used several different proxies before but this is the first time I have heard about tor.

There's other options out there too, like JAP,

Right. I have used JAP before, it is very easy to install and to configure but as far as I know it is only a HTTP proxy.

but the fact that tor is a
SOCKS proxy makes it useful for a lot of other > things. Most IRC and IM
clients for instance, can be configured to use
tor natively an give you
anonymous chat and messaging. Most file sharing > software can be anonymized
too, as well as the Azerus (sic) bit torrent > client.

That sounds absolutely interesting. I think I will start to read more about tor.

Thanks again.

Stefan