Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Wireless Forensics

From: "Hagen, Eric" <ehagen () DenverNewspaperAgency com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 00:10:31 -0600

If you have a "great interest" in wireless, then I think you need to frame
your analysis a little more finely.

You have basically asked questions with no indication of what sort of
answers you expect.  No disrespect intended, but it is akin to a posting
that says "I am a student of biology interested in horses.  Tell me about
horses.  What is a horse?  Where would I find a horse?  What does a horse
look like?"

If your questions were framed with some specific questions, a specific topic
area PLUS if you demonstrated ANY effort to do research yourself, you would
get excellent responses.  To follow my example... "how does the metabolic
rate of horses compare to that of humans?" would be an interesting question
and one I would expect from a biology student.

Again, in your case, perhaps something along the lines of "I know wireless
networks are vulnerable to xxxx.  How does this affect the investigation of
an incident relating to xxxx?"

This would both demonstrate your willingness to do a little of your own work
and would narrow down the topic.

The answer to the questions in your post is better summarized in book or
long essay form.  My inclination is to believe that you copied the questions
from your assignment verbatim into this post, but even if not, the topic is
too broad to be posed in a forum with hopes of getting a comprehensive (or
even a useful) response.

Eric