Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Remote Control to a remote computer with no listen port

From: mickael kael <mickael.kael () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 21:08:53 +0100

Hello,

I was not talking about port knocking, but my question was not very
clear, i'm sorry.

Here is the architecture

PC to remote control -- NAT/FW--Internet -- NAT/FW --Me
(info : NAT with no BIMAP and no port redirect)

Yes i see finaly that UltraVNC permit to install a relayer, or a NAT2NAT system.

But i decide to make VPN with openvpn.

PC to remote control with openvpn(MS or Linux) -- NAT/FW-- OpenVPN
Server on a Virtual Private Server -- NAT/FW -- Me with OpenVPN or
ssltunnel

And on the endpoint just simply use RDP or Ultra VNC on my virtual network

Thanks a lot for all your answers,

Best regards,

Mk,