Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Snort sniffer logs

From: Ron <iago () valhallalegends com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:04:52 -0500

I use a program derived from Acid called Base (feel free to groan at the joke). It reads the Snort data from MySQL and presents it similar to Acid. It has configurable user accounts and is quite nice to use. I highly recommend it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/secureideas/

Tom Rhodes wrote:

Hi everyone,

Relatively quiet on the list but I finally have a question and
am hoping someone has an answer.

On a network we have, snort is being run as a sniffer to capture
application data transferred on the dc0 interface.

Is there an easy way to parse the output?  Reading a few hundred
TCP:XXX files every day doesn't sound like fun.  I've thought
about using ACID and dropping it into mysql, but would that make
viewing any easier?

Thanks in advance.

--
Tom Rhodes