Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: Masters program for Information Security?

From: ChayoteMu <chayotemu () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:43:08 -0700

The first time I tried to send this I hosed it up so I'm sending this
again, sorry to anyone that gets a duplicate copy.
I'm attending University of Advancing Technology for a BS in Network
Security Architecture. It's an awesome school with online courses (not
sure if you can take Grad school online or not).

Fall 2004 — The University of Advancing Technology recently became the
first university in Arizona to be certified for its network security
curricula by the National Security Agency. In spring 2005, the
University will be recognized along with other certification
recipients at the CNSS Annual Conference. The NSA's Committee on
National Security Systems (CNSS) sets standards of excellence for
information assurance and security in academia, private industry and
government.

UAT received the recognition by participating in the Information
Assurance Courseware Evaluation Program (IACEP), a set of standards
designated by the CNSS. UAT's official certification is the "4011 CNSS
National Standard for Information Systems Security (INFOSEC)
Professionals" and "4013 National Standard For System Administrators
In Information Systems Security (INFOSEC)," two of 5 areas certified
by the NSA.

To obtain the 4011 CNSS certification, the IACEP requires network
security curricula to meet a set of 250 criteria in the categories of
communications, automated information systems, security, system
operating environment, National Security Telecommunications and
Information Systems Security (NSTISS) planning and management, and
NSTISS policies and procedures.

To obtain the 4013 CNSS certification, the IACEP requires network
security curricula to meet a set of 196 criteria in the categories of
countermeasures, risk management, policies and administration,
safeguards, tools, management, continuity of operations, configuration
management and platform specific security features.

Here's some info on that program itself:
http://www.uat.edu/SoftwareEngineering/networksecurity/

Here's some info on their Graduate program:
http://www.uat.edu/graduate/subpages/networkingsecurityMIS/

--
"To catch a theif, think like a theif. To catch a master theif, be a
master theif."