Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: CISSP without experience

From: Times Enemy <times () krr org>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:20:54 -0700

Greetings.

From what i understand, which may prove to be meaningless, the CISSP requires the time be spent doing security for any of the ten domains, not just IT security. I plan to test for the CISSP this year, and i did a cursory read for requirements and such, and i remember something along these lines. Perhaps if you have security experience within these ten domains, you will be eligible.

Either way, good luck!

ciao
.javier

Gautam R. Singh wrote:

I too am intrested in the same & facing the problem that all the jobs
interviewed for required CISSP but i too lack experience. Can we just
take the CISSP and exam and pass it?

Anyone who has done it?

~gRs
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 17:50:46 -0500, Varun Pitale <varun.pitale () gmail com> wrote:
I have a 6 month experience on working professionally in Information
Security, but I have been learning and practicing it in my studies and
now I am looking for a job. Almost all of the jobs require a CISSP,
but you cannot get it without atleast 3 years experience. I did hear
that even without an experience you can pass the CISSP, but you will
not get the certification and then you can go to the employer and tell
him that you passed the CISSP. Anyone have any views or any experience
with it?

--
Regards,
  Varun