Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: CISSP without experience

From: routerg <routerg () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:22:05 -0500

Just because the job requires CISSP doesn't mean that it's not
available to non-holders. ISC2 has their guidlines of what is required
to get the certification.  You could start by getting a position in
one of the 10 domains.  IMO, the easiest one would be
Telecomunications, because entry level positions at a help desk or
something usually don't require much experience.  From there, you can
expand either at that company or get the experience and move onto
something else.

At the end of the day, you have to put your time in like everyone else.