Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: CISSP without experience

From: "Fu Wang, Thio" <fuwang () crimsonlogic com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:45:55 +0800

Hi,

Here in Singapore, we have had people getting the CISSP without the
sufficient knowledge and experience acquired for 3 years. Some only have
1 year and they manage to get the CISSP. Many of the so called vendors
has people obtianing the CISSP with only 1 year experience.

Have raised this to CISSP but noone there replies.

I really question the value of this type of certification as there is no
stringent background check on the candidate.

Rgds,
Fuwang