Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: VMWare & WinXP

From: "Ramki B" <bramkie () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 07:25:01 +0530

If your host OS is MS winXp and guest is also the same and if you are using
the same license/keys, you are violating the MS licensing policy. You may
require a separate license For the Virtual PC I would suggest you use some
Linux for Host OS and install winXP as the guest.

Pl. follow the instructions VMWare has provided to activate the os you can
find them at
http://www.vmware.com/support/guestnotes/doc/guestos_winxp.html.

Also VMWare has VMTN forums which has good threads on issues like the one
you are facing you may do a search on the VMTN forums at
http://www.vmware.com/community/index.jspa?categoryID=1.

HTH
Ramki