Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Detecting new Windows .jpeg exploit

From: "Kenton Smith" <ksmith () chartwelltechnology com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:45:55 -0600

Unfortunately it isn't even that good. I've run MBSA on a number of machines
here and for every one it tells me that it can't confirm whether MS04-28 is
installed or not. So I thought, OK, that'll change once it is actually
installed... No dice, it can't tell whether it is installed or not even if
it's installed.

Kenton