Security Basics mailing list archives

Fw: MAC level authentication or filtering

From: "GUs" <rootz () fibertel com ar>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 21:43:17 -0300

Cheap and easy, you can Turn on Dhcp Server  with MAC asociated to ip
addresses (in linux or windows server)
So, when one client plug his notebook into your network, his out.
But, this is the half part, you must to put some filter at IP level on the
server or in front, so you  filter those allowed ip addresses.
The idea is like a cablemodem network, if the MAC in your cablemodem isn't
in the database, you're out. (but Cmodem have a dhcp client, and no chance
to turn off)
More ideas?
Saludos Brother.
GUs.T.