Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Sniffing emails - how?

From: "Dahate, Pramod" <Pramod.Dahate () getronics com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:05:44 +1100

Hi
Yes softwares like the one from surfcontrol email filter watch all the
mails and you can see that  enterprise emails going to the internet can
be seen in clear.But as Clement it is because these machines sit on the
gateway and hence all traffice is passing through it or being forwarded
to it by the enterprise email system for out going or it acts as an
incoming smtp server.I used to know someproduct which used to integrate
with the windows enviornment.It was called Sessionwall III.I do not know
if its still around.
regards

Pramod Dahate(MCSE,CCNA,CCSA,CISSP)
Security Analyst
Network Management Centre

Getronics Australia Pty Limited
Getronics combines the service capabilities of the original Dutch
company with those of Wang Global, acquired in 1999, and of the Olivetti
systems and services division. We are ranked second worldwide in network
and desktop outsourcing and fourth in network consulting and integration
(Source: IDC 2002-2003).

2 Minna Close
Belrose NSW 2085
Australia
Tel: +61 2 9847 7680
Fax:+61 2 9847 7774
cell:+61 04 11 074 256(o)
cell:+61 04 31 453 014(p)
Email: pramod.dahate () getronics com

ICT Security | Network Integration Services | Network & Desktop
Outsourcing | Application Integration & Management
www.getronics.com.au

Please note that whilst we take all care, neither Getronics nor the
sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your
responsibility to scan for viruses. The contents are intended only for
use by the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material and any use by other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please inform the sender and/or addressee
immediately and delete the material.