Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Graphing Tool

From: jburzenski () americanhm com
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 17:17:30 -0500

Tony,

I agree with Michael and Francisco.  RRDTOOL is the way to go for time based
graph such as that which you describe.  I was recently faced with a similar
graphing need and RRDTOOL worked exceptionally.

There is a small learning curve that is quickly overcome once you get into
the time based graphing mindset rather than the excel data driven graphing
mindset.  For your typical .csv conversion to graph, RRDTOOL is pretty much
useless.

I can send you my database creation, scripted updates and scripted graph
generating commands offlist if you would like.

Jason