Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Crypto Book Recommendations?

From: Mark Parsons <mparsons () markaparsons com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 15:20:52 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Graydon McKee [mailto:graydon.s.mckee.iv () orcmacro com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 7:12 PM
To: security-basics () lists securityfocus com
Subject: Crypto Book Recommendations?

Does anyone have any good recommendations for books on Cryptography
especially geared towards
beginners?  I have a few titles in mind already, I just don't want to
leave out any good one's if I
can help it.  Thanks

I would highly recommend
"Cryptography Decrypted" by H.X. Mel and Doris Baker, Addison Wesley, April
2001
I am currently reading this for my Cryptography Class and it has been very easy
to read compared to others I have read.

Hope that helps.
--
Mark

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html