Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Which Windows OS is Safest

From: Guybrush Threepwood <domain.admin () online ie>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:33:28 +0100

There is a Windows OS u didn't mention. It is impossible to break into
it via the net. It cannot be affected by any trojans, viruses, malicious code
and such. It's called Windows 3.11.

I find Server 2003 to be quite efficient and secure, and also 2000.
After all, Micro$oft did invest a great deal of money and time into making their
products as reliable as they can be. Which can't be said for the open source
community. Even out-of-the-box versions of MS servers products are no longer so
insecure as before.

visit http://www.unixsucks.com to see some certified criticsm against the *nix
community and see how Windows Servers beat their *nix variants in several
tests.

--
The lady on the call box in Monkey Island 2
Guybrush: I'm lost in the Inky Island Jungle in Monkey 2

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html