Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: advice

From: Joey Peloquin <jpelo1 () jcpenney com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 11:37:10 -0600

->In my opinion; if you have acheived an MCSE alone it is a
->foundation certificate to prove you can learn and have
->learnt. Once this is coupled with practical experienced, and

All due respect, Nat...

IMO, the MCSE has not been a credible certification demonstrating anything
other than a person can memorize questions and answers since the formation
of cramsession.com, et al.

Certainly there are people that actually _learn_ the material, but I'll be
d*mned if I ever get to work with them.  80% or more of the MCSEs I have
known couldn't resolve an incident if their life depended on it.

List archives are full of trivial questions from these MCSEs, who could have
found their own answers, if they knew how to utilize the wealth of resources
on the 'net for anything other than finding the latest and greatest
braindump.

Joey Peloquin