Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Securing a Local Network

From: Steven Trewick <STrewick () joplings co uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:03:49 +0100

In all that, there is still the problem for a simple user
that Zone Alarm is
too complicated. Sometimes ZA stuffs up contacting sites you
want to contact
so you must shut it down and open yourself up to attacks from
the net in
order to do what you want.

Might I respectfully suggest that if you are experiencing such
problems your ZoneAlarm install is eithyr b0rken or misconfigured ?

All XP boxen on my LAN use ZA free edition  for that extra added
protection and this has never happened (to my knowledge) to any of
my users. (And I;ve good reason to suspect that if it had, they
would have bending my ear about it in short order!!)

</code>
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged, it is intended for the addressee only.
If you have received this e-mail in error please delete it from your system. The statements and opinions expressed in
this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the company. Whilst Joplings Group
operates an e-mail anti-virus program it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by
viruses being passed.
joplings.co.uk

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html