Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Securing a Local Network

From: "Henry, Christopher M." <chenry () radiologycorp com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:30:05 -0400

In your case windows would the best way to go. All you would have to do
is set up an active directory controller and connect everyone to the
domain. Since you are short on  funds, you can also use it as a file
server and install something like Symantec corp. edition anti-virus on
it. If you do decided to bring your mail in house...you can have an
exchange/adc server and a separate file/anti-virus server. Once you
start to host your own services (ex. Mail, website, webamail...) you
will need sometype of a firewall or a better router.

Linux can function as a domain controller, but as much as I love linux,
I would have to recommend that you stay away from this option unless you
are an expert linux user.