Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: wireless help

From: Gene Cronk <gcronk () trsg net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:21:30 -0400

The problem with this being is that MAC addresses are very easily
spoofed.  Kismet (www.kismetwireless.net) has a drone feature that can
sniff out unwanted traffic.  All depends on how paranoid you are.

Keith Duemling wrote:

| Kamal,
|
| Enable MAC filtering on your wireless access points and that should do a
| good job of restricting access to only those NICs you want on your
network.

| Keith Duemling
| MCP, Security+
|
| Computer Security: "A false sense of security is worse than being
unsecure."

| Protect Your Privacy: http://www.pgp.com
|
| // unencrypted
| // end

- --
Gene Cronk MCP,iNet+ (gcronk () trsg net)
The Robin Shepherd Group -- Systems Administrator
Office (904)-359-0981 Ext. 36
Cell (386)-795-3081