Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: wireless help

From: J C Lawrence <claw () kanga nu>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:14:38 -0400

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:15:22 -0400
InCisT  <InCisT () popsikle net> wrote:
Kamal Habayeb wrote:
Greetings,

Does anyone know of a way or program that would let me know if an
unauthorized computer has connected to my wireless network and been
issued an ip address by DHCP? I am aware that I can check the DHCP
log to find this out, but I want something that will warn me in real
time that a computer has connected.

What are you using to issue the IP's?  Tell us a little more about
your network, and we should be able to help you a little better.

`ippl` does a fair good job here, tho it relies on MAC uniqueness.

--
J C Lawrence
claw () kanga nu               He lived as a devil, eh?