Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: CISSPS preparation

From: Yonezawa Kazuki <gogol_1912 () yahoo co jp>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 15:57:02 +0900 (JST)

In my case, I studied by myself with the book called
'Cissp All-In-One Exam Guide (All-In-One)', by Shon
Harris. It took three month to complete. I thought the
examination itself was not so hard than expected. But it
would require technique not to be got confused by the
questions.
Also, it is important to find endorser after you passed
the examination. The endorser must be a person who knows
you have plenty of working experience/knowledge/skills. I
asked one of my colleague with CISSP to endorse me.

Hope the above would help.

Good Luck,

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 21:20:05 -0400
SeSMA <seguridad () masev cl>(by way of SeSMA
<seguridad () masev cl>) wrote:

Hi, im thinking about take the cissps exam.
i need some advice about good reading, and how hard
it's. take a preparation
course o study by my self?

thx

--
Patricio Bruna
Servicios de Seguridad Informç–¸ica

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September
29-30 (Training),
October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner, VA; the
world's premier
technical IT security event.  Modeled after the famous
Black Hat event in
Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers
and sponsors.
Symantec is the Diamond sponsor.  Early-bird
registration ends September 6.Visit us: www.blackhat.com