Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: 'masking' or 'hiding' am ip address from a web browser

From: "Meritt James" <meritt_james () bah com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:35:25 -0500

The system that it is connected to does not have to be the originator of
the content that it is displaying.  Ever looked at the IP reported if
you go through a proxy?

Thorne wrote:

Honestly Is it going to matter a user who wants you ip can you A sniffer or
even Netstat to get what ip there machine is currently connected to. Its a
inheriet Feature of TCP.

Bill