Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Kernel Bridge and Traffic Shaper

From: Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:46:40 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 michel () ziobudda net wrote:

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1737

Tnx, but I know the concept. I need some docs about how to configure all.

Check the references at the end of the article. Setting up a bridging
firewall, at least on OpenBSD, is pretty easy because it's already
detailed in their FAQ. Thus I didn't request that the author make this
article more detailed. There is equally good documentation for FreeBSD,
and you can also configure one of these transparent firewalls with Solaris
or others -- but make sure your adapters will run in promiscuous mode or
it won't work.

Also, you will still want to read the man page for your operating system's
packet filter (pf in my own case) if you are unsure of anything in the
FAQ. Good luck.

Regards,

-- Kelly Martin SecurityFocus kel () securityfocus com +001-403-261-5468

Visual & Easy-to-use are not words that you think of when talking about
network analyzers. Are you sick of the three window text decodes? Download ClearSight Network's Analyzer and see a new
network analysis tool that
makes the complex - easy
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ClearSightNetworks_security-basics_031021