Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: block internet at two workstations

From: "Allan Schon" <allanschon () mckinleymachinery com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 12:00:37 -0400

This may not be the easiest solution, if you're not knowledable about linux, but I'd find an old computer (a 486 would
work)
and set up dhcp and iptables.  The computers addresses based on their permissions, and configure IPtables accordingly.

Very cheap, robust, and you don't have to worry about the users changing things to get around your settings.

Of course, if you aren't a Linux admin, this isn't the right solution at all.