Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: redhat audit

From: Pierre BETOUIN <info16 () ifrance com>
Date: 17 Jun 2003 23:09:19 +0200

LKM, by example, which hook syscalls, make the corrupted files nearly
invisible on the compromised box...

You've to mount the hard drive on a sane box to check for md5sum
integrity (compare sane files with yours (md5sum). If it's a LKM, make a
little script to compare the modules you were using to the originals.

        Pierre BETOUIN