Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: tools used to examine a computer

From: "Trevor Cushen" <Trevor.Cushen () sysnet ie>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:14:38 -0000

My final word on this is that I was talking about cloning the disk or
partition and not using dd for single files if that helps clear any
confusion about what I was saying.  At the end of the day if it was a
serious issue that might go to full legal investigation I would call in
professional law enforcement agencies who have the write tools and
software for the job.

So when running an Incident Handling operation the main thing to know is
when to touch the machine at all to do anything and when to declare it
serious enough for legal action to be taken.

Trevor Cushen
Sysnet Ltd

www.sysnet.ie
Tel: +353 1 2983000