Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: nessus on linux 9.0

From: Meidinger Chris <chris.meidinger () badenit de>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:09:59 +0100

linux is currently version 2.4, with 2.6 in beta.
SlackWare linux is in version 9, as is RedHat and at least Mandrake. I am
not sure if other linuxes are in version 9.

as far as installing nessus, a simple workstation will serve your purposes.
A 'server' installation will install services and daemons that you don't
need, and most likely no grafical interface that you do need. A
'workstation' inst. will give you everything you need for a desktop
environment, which is all you need for nessus.

badenIT GmbH
System Support

Chris Meidinger
Tullastrasse 70