Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Infect me

From: Birl <sbirl () temple edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:25:43 -0400 (EDT)

As it was written on Aug 26, thus c_brauckmiller () LEK COM spake unto Webby...:

Craig:  Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:52:59 -0400
Craig:  From: c_brauckmiller () LEK COM
Craig:  To: Webby Witch <webwitch () hotmail com>
Craig:  Cc: security-basics () securityfocus com
Craig:  Subject: Re: Infect me
Craig:
Craig:
Craig:
Craig:  What's the point?  It has already been analyzed to death.
Craig:
Craig:  Craig
Craig:
Craig:
Craig:
Craig:
Craig:  "Webby Witch" <webwitch () hotmail com> on 08/26/2003 07:02:04 AM
Craig:
Craig:  To:   security-basics () securityfocus com
Craig:  cc:    (bcc: Craig Brauckmiller/LEK)
Craig:
Craig:  Subject:  Infect me
Craig:
Craig:  Hi,
Craig:
Craig:  Any chance that someone can zip up the blaster worm and send it onto me for
Craig:  analysis please?  This si pretty urgent.  If it is zipped I can get it onto
Craig:  a stand alone PC and investigate.
Craig:
Craig:  Cheers
Craig:
Craig:  ~Webby

Instead of analyzing worms that have already been analyzed, why not
analyze new worms?   Use WormCatcher (www.wormwatch.org).

 Scott Birl                              http://concept.temple.edu/sysadmin/
 Senior Systems Administrator            Computer Services   Temple University

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30 (Training),
October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner, VA; the world's premier
technical IT security event.  Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in
Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors.
Symantec is the Diamond sponsor.  Early-bird registration ends September 6.Visit us: www.blackhat.com