Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Freeware Antivirus

From: "Logan Rogers-Follis - TNTNetworx.net" <logan () tntnetworx net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:23:36 -0600

I use AVG 6 on my Laptop at home and I got about 4 friends also using it on Win98x-WinXP and no complains. For *nix based you gotta be using ClamAV (and on a mailserver MailScanner w/ ClamAV).
I have heard of other free one's but never anything good.

CHRIS GRABENSTEIN wrote:

The only one I'm aware of is AVG Antivirus from Grisoft (www.grisoft.com).  I
used it for a while and have no major complaints.