Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Spy Software

From: David Moisan <dmoisan () davidmoisan org>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 16:47:08 -0400

At 01:38 PM 4/11/2003 -0400, Cirelli, Keith(LBS) wrote:
[snip][paste]
"and I'm kinda ticked off that SpectorSoft denys such information."
I hear ya. Let me pay you for some software and then don't tell me how it works. LAME!

My toolkit CD has Filemon, Regmon, TCPView (all from sysinternals) and Foundstone's FPORT, among others. These tools would uncover SpectorSoft in short order.

Take care,

Dave

David Moisan, N1KGH   ARES/SKYWARN             dmoisan () davidmoisan org
Invisible Disability:  http://www.davidmoisan.org/invisible_disability.html
ATS-909 FAQ:  http://www.davidmoisan.org/faqs/sangean/ats909faq.html

Is SPAM over-loading your e-mail server, disk space or bandwidth?
SurfControl E-Mail Filter is flexible, intelligent and policy-driven
protection.
http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-security-basics2
Download your free fully functional trial, complete with 30-days of free technical support.
Stop SPAM before it stops you.