Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: WIRELESS THEFT

From: "Meritt James" <meritt_james () bah com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:49:40 -0400

Jesse James said much the same thing, but he was referring to Banks.

Differentiate between "dirty money" and the rest.

theft is theft is theft.

Orion Robillard wrote:

You know some people do want to give away their wireless service. If I go
down to my local internet coffee shop and get free wireless everyone is
happy. Why would I care if my neighbor is seemingly offering the same
service? How do I distinguish between free and non-free? I would rather live
in a world where I didnt have to question every free connection I get. If
there is a private SSID then I wont bother to use it. If im tresspassing on
someones land to receive the signal then I wont use it. But if I can sit at
home and open my iBook and a connection pops up, im using it.

I think the people at http://www.austinwireless.net/ or
http://www.bawug.org/ would agree.