Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: FTP Server

From: <admin-f () demoney net>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:28:22 -0500

I'd suggest just a simple switch.

As the win2k FTP service is inherently insecure, I have never used it,
but working primarily with security, I have found the perfect
combination is WARFTPD (free) and CuteFTP as the client (or command line
works great if no money need be spent).. Hope this helps

David DeMoney
Senior Systems / Security Engineer
Industrial Information Systems
Dallas, Texas