Security Basics mailing list archives

Re[2]: Kazaa?

From: Christian Simatos <christiansimatos () freesurf fr>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:17:43 +0200

Hi all,

Thanks for the trouble. I appreciate the energy put into answering my
query. I probably was not clear enough in my description as it seems
none of the answers got me any closer to understanding.

Kazaa ins installed on my son's PC.
I know there is spyware included. I'll move him to KazaaLite soon. My
understnading of Kazaa's spyware is that is reports the activity of
the local user on the local PC.

What I don't understand, and this is documented nowhere in any faq, is
why my son's PC scans my PC. This is different. It means a component
of Kazaa would look at remote PCs. Any clue?

--
Thanks,
 Christian