Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Re[2]: Kazaa?

From: Chris Santerre <csanterre () MerchantsOverseas com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:12:16 -0400

Ah.. this is different. Sorry I sort by topic and just read this one. I'm
not sure if Kazaa is trying to find other servers on the same network. I've
never seen this type of behavior. Well, ok, I've never really looked. :)

If I get a chance today, I'll try it in the test network and see what I come
up with. Are you sure it is scanning your computer, or just broadcasting out
on all available networks? (Sorry I deleted the thread with the example log
already.)