Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: [Re-post] Suggestions for basic software for security

From: "Robert Sieber" <rsieber () web de>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 09:19:36 +0100

Hi Marco,

if you really wanna do something with security first upgrade to
an real operating system like Linux, BSD, Windows 2000 or Windows
XP Pro.

I would like to have some suggestion for software for security (port
scan, firewall, etc.); I have a Pentium III, 256 Mb of RAM, 20 GB of Hd,
dialup connection (I should upgrade to cable connection in few days) and
WinME (I am thinking to upgrade to XP).
accademic year I will study computer management), I am interested to
basic software and not professional versions; if it is freeware, better.

Firewall: Outpost free          - http://www.agnitum.com
Port Scanner: NMAP also available for Windows - just google
trojan scan:    Anti Trojan

R.

--
http://board.protecus.de - Firewalls, Security and more ...