Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Fiber optic vampire taps

From: "Jimmy Sansi" <jsansi () ritzfoodservice com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 12:37:00 -0800

...or use SSH tunneling and generate new keys frequently
if they are really paranoid. I think with fiber and some
sort of encryption scheme a person intent on sniffing traffic
has there work cut out.

At this point however it would probably be easier to bypass
the fiber altogether and exploit a workstation/server connected
to the internal LAN.

-Jimmy