Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Reassembly of split fragments

From: Tomasz Moń <desowin () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 10:47:49 +0100

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 5:51 PM Lars Poeschel <poeschel () lemonage de> wrote:
I am currently struggling with reassembly of fragments of the mux27010
protocol.
There is a dissector for the mux27010 protocol in wireshark
(packet-mux27010.c) but it does not work with fragments. The mux27010
works on top of a serial line (uart) so there is no ethernet, no IP, no
TCP involved so far.

You might want to check how I handled similar situation in
packet-ftdi-mpsse.c/packet-ftdi-ft.c. I basically implemented
desegment_offset / desegment_len mechanism in the packet-ftdi-ft.c and
used that in packet-ftdi-mpsse.c.