Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Struggling to build NSIS installation

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 14:38:19 +0100

On Tue, 22 Jun 2021 at 13:41, Martin Mathieson via Wireshark-dev <
wireshark-dev () wireshark org> wrote:

Does the Java warning sound important? Is there something I should do to
try to increase the java heap size?  This machine should have loads
(c20GB)  of memory available..

[image: image.png]

Odd, Java isn't called out as an installable by the Developers Guide but
obviously ascidoctorj requires it.  Looking at my VM I have an old version
of Oracle Java 8 installed and absolutely no idea where it came from:

java -version
java version "1.8.0_221"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.221-b11, mixed mode)

(Get-Command java.exe).Source
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath\java.exe

The invocation of asciidoctorj (if installed via chocolatey it will be
<ChocoInstallDir>\lib\asciidoctorj\tools\asciidoctorj-x.x.x\bin\asciidoctorj.bat)
sets JVM options for memory.

I've never come across this before, and can't remember it being reported
elsewhere.

Best regards,
Martin

--