Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: pre-commit error: extcap.c: error: found these preference variables used in more than one prefs_register_*_preference:

From: Jirka Novak <j.novak () netsystem cz>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 18:35:06 +0100

Hi,

I understand the check now. So I can propose to to add exceptions to check. checkAPIs.pl has exceptions for many other checks so it can be extended to e.g. ignore arg->pref_valptr in this case.

Sure... it is a practical solution, at least until no one can understand anymore what checkAPIs.pl is or does. We still have a few years left for that so no worries. :-)

In all seriousness I think that is fine to move your MR forward. No one should be expected to fix the limitations of checkAPIs.pl IMO.

I will add exception to checkAPIs.pl in separate MR and then compilation will pass...

done as part of updated !5519. I expect it will be compiled with no issues now.

                                                Best regards,

                                                        Jirka Novak