Wireshark mailing list archives

pre-commit error: extcap.c: error: found these preference variables used in more than one prefs_register_*_preference:

From: Jirka Novak <j.novak () netsystem cz>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 11:22:16 +0100

Hi,

I'm working on !5519 - Prefs/Extcap: Added support for password which is never stored on the disk.
  It is done and working, but I can't pass pre-commit check. It says:

$ bash ./tools/pre-commit 'HEAD^1'
extcap.c: error: found these preference variables used in more than one prefs_register_*_preference:
        (const char **)arg->pref_valptr

which is caused by tools/checkAPIs.pl

  The error is caused by code:

if (arg->arg_type == EXTCAP_ARG_PASSWORD)
{
  prefs_register_password_preference(dev_module, pref_name_for_prefs,
    pref_title, pref_title, (const char **)arg->pref_valptr);
} else {
  prefs_register_string_preference(dev_module, pref_name_for_prefs,
    pref_title, pref_title, (const char **)arg->pref_valptr);
}

The code is correct. I briefly checked checkAPIs.pl and I don't understand aim of the check so I don't know how to resolve it.

  Can I ask for help?

                                        Best regards,

                                                        Jirka Novak