Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Exporting FTP objects

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 10:32:37 -0800

On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 10:18 AM Moshe Kaplan <mosheekaplan () gmail com> wrote:

I considered using such a data structure, but the challenge there is that there's no guarantee of a 'file transfer
complete' that could be used to trigger reassembly and adding to the export objects list. AFAIK, it's also not
possible to have a function to run after all packets were dissected to generate the export object list entries then.

I am very unfamiliar with the tap infrastructure but perhaps you could
introduce an EOM event through the tap so you could detect the data
connection going down and do reassembly there.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe