Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: (1) building Wireshark in build.wireshark fails, (2) how to get dissector details without packet

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2021 16:45:15 -0700

On Apr 15, 2021, at 3:46 PM, Vincent Randal <vtrandal () gmail com> wrote:

I managed to save my terminal window contents. It's over 1MB compressed.

        $ mkdir build.wireshark
        $ cd build.wireshark
        $ cmake .. >cmake.out 2>&1
        $ make -j 16 >errs 2>&1
        $ ls -lh cmake.out errs
        -rw-r--r--  1 gharris  admin    19K Apr 15 16:13 cmake.out
        -rw-r--r--  1 gharris  admin   243K Apr 15 16:15 errs

Is that the *entire* contents, with all the stuff you did before and after the failed build?  If so, the first thing to
check is the stuff that's part of the failed build; the other stuff is much less likely to be relevant.