Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: code.wireshark.org git access (was Re: Display of UTF-8 Characters)

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 11:56:26 -0800

On 12/13/20 10:39 AM, Guy Harris wrote:
On Dec 13, 2020, at 10:32 AM, Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org> wrote:

Is an accessible git repository at code.wireshark.org counterproductive at this point? I wonder how many people and
CI systems are building from 69ab0b00af (the last Gerrit commit).

If we could, at least for now, have the Gerrit commentary accessible over the Web (unless all of it is available on
GitLab), but *not* make it available for "git clone", that might help.

I configured the Gerrit server to return a 404 when "service=git-upload-pack" is in the HTTP query string, which should
do that.