Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Display of UTF-8 Characters

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 11:40:02 -0800

On Dec 12, 2020, at 11:32 AM, Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net> wrote:

it seemed to work, displaying the dagger and sigma correctly, when I did that to a recently-updated 3.2 branch, a
recently-updated 3.4 branch, and a recently-updated trunk tree.

As per John Thacker's email, "recently-updated" was the trick - it had the fix to the code to format UTF-8 strings for
display.

3.3.0 isn't an official release, so we don't provide support for it.  Do you mean 3.4.0?

And, as per John Thacker's email, you shouldn't even be using 3.4.0, as it doesn't have that fix, much less some random
build labeled "3.3.0".