Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Anyone working on a Syncthing dissector?

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman () ericsson com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 08:32:17 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Wireshark-dev <wireshark-dev-bounces () wireshark org> On Behalf Of Peter
Wu
Sent: den 9 november 2018 00:22
To: Antoine d'Otreppe <a.dotreppe () aspyct org>; Developer support list for
Wireshark <wireshark-dev () wireshark org>
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Anyone working on a Syncthing dissector?

Hi Antoine!

Based on the specifications for Syncthing, it appears that it uses Protobuf
for defining its messages:
https://docs.syncthing.net/specs/

I am not sure how well protobuf is currently supported on Wireshark, you
could scan the issue tracker and code review site to see if there is any
current work in that area.

Kind regards,
Peter
https://lekensteyn.nl
(pardon my brevity, top-posting and formatting, sent from my phone)

Hi,
I think these pending commits are relevant:
https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/22892/
https://code.wireshark.org/review/#/c/23988/

Regards
Anders

On November 8, 2018 9:32:50 PM GMT+01:00, Antoine d'Otreppe