Wireshark mailing list archives

Anyone working on a Syncthing dissector?

From: Antoine d'Otreppe <a.dotreppe () aspyct org>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2018 20:32:50 +0000

Hi there,

I'm interested in learning more about wireshark in general, and in particular learning how to make my own dissectors.

I just happened to find a protocol that doesn't seem to have any dissector for it yet: syncthing. https://syncthing.net/
The local discovery protocol looks easy enough to begin with, as it is only UDP broadcasts.

Your developer guide recommends to send a mail before starting development to check if anyone else would be working on
a similar topic. That sounds reasonable :)

Anybody working on that protocol yet?

Regards,
Antoine d'Otreppe