Wireshark mailing list archives

Unit tests for dissectors

From: Atli Guðmundsson <atli () tern is>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 23:30:28 +0000

Hi,

I've recently created reviews for:

   - an update of the ASTERIX dissector to support Category 019
   - unit tests of the Category 019 support
   - generic unit test dissection validator (used by the above unit tests)

I will soon add support for Category 020 and would like to know if I'm on
the right track with the unit tests approach so that I can add on top of
this or if I should go another way?

This is because during my development I could only find a small set of unit
tests for existing dissectors, but no extensive ones.
I was thus also wondering if there was a particular reason for this?
Or if I just overlooked something?

The reviews that I created are:

   - https://code.wireshark.org/review/31081
   - https://code.wireshark.org/review/31082
   - https://code.wireshark.org/review/31083
   - https://code.wireshark.org/review/31084
   - https://code.wireshark.org/review/31085

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Atli Guðmundsson

*Software EngineerTel +354 424 5500*

[image: Tern Systems]
<https://www.tern.is/>